- Arrive at the auction 15 minutes early to sign-in and receive a bidder number. If you are not on time, you may not be able to participate.
- To the best of our (Storage Express) knowledge, none of the stored items are subject to a lien, other than that held by Storage Express.
- The decision as to the high bidder of each sale, by the person conducting the public sale, is final and binding.
- Each space will have been inventoried, photographed and sealed. The items in the space will not have been touched and will be exactly as the customer placed them in the space. The inventory will be taken by standing outside of the space and looking in.
- All items purchased are being sold "as is, where is". Storage Express does not warranty or guarantee any item purchased.
- All purchased items should be inspected prior to leaving the premises, especially items of furniture (dresser drawers, cabinets, etc.). Customers have been known to store illegal substances, so please check each item carefully. Storage Express is not liable for any illegal contents removed from the storage space/property by Purchaser.
- All payments must be made in cash.
- The sale is final when bid is paid in full to the auctioneer.
- The space must be fully vacated within 24 hours of the sale unless prior arrangements have been made with Storage Express. After 24-hours, any items remaining in the storage unit shall be considered abandoned to Storage Express and we may dispose of them. Failure to remove all items will automatically result in loss of privilege to attend future auctions. Use of any Storage Express dumpster is prohibited.
- All storage units are sold in their entirety. There will be a call for an opening bid, and the bidding will start from there. The bids will increase in increments of $10. We will ask for the final bid once, then twice, and then declare the unit sold to the highest bidder.
- A reserve may be in place for each individual unit, which will be announced prior to the opening of the bids for that particular unit.
- If required by state statutes, sales tax will be charged in addition to the accepted bid price, unless you present a tax exempt Resale Certificate.
- No sale premium will be added to the sale price.
- Items of a personal nature found in the purchased unit or units, such as marriage licenses, photographs, birth certificates, tax records, etc., are specifically excluded from the sale of the unit. Please leave these items in the space and Storage Express Management will collect them.
- You are not permitted to touch or move any of the items in the storage unit until the sale is declared closed and paid in full.
- No bids will be accepted from anyone who does not have a bidder number assigned. To receive a bidder number you must sign-in with the auctioneer.
- Storage Express and its representatives reserve the right to bid on any and all storage units.
- Storage Express and/or the auctioneer may refuse to admit any bidder onto the property and/or refuse to issue a bidder number to any prospective purchaser at their discretion.
- As a visitor to our property, be advised that there are certain hazards, including, but not limited to, uneven pavement, storm grates, and moving vehicles. In exchange for Storage Express' agreement to admit you on the property, you hereby agree to release and hold Storage Express and any of their representatives harmless from any and all liability for any injury you may suffer at the property or for any loss you may suffer while in attendance at this public sale.
- Smoking is prohibited on Storage Express property.
WHAT TO BRING
Auctions are cash-only. Come prepared!
Storage units are unlit and often dark. Large, handheld spotlights are popular with regular buyers. Don't get "left in the dark" about what you're buying or what you're missing!
Driver's License / Identification
A valid photo I.D. is required for all those bidding. Our auctioneer will check it (I.D.) against your resale certificate, if using one.
Don't forget your locks! If you are the high bidder of a storage unit, you'll need to secure your space with your own lock immediately after the sale. You'll need one lock for every storage unit, so bring more than you think you'll need.
You'll probably want to get down-and-dirty with your new found treasure once the auctions are over. You never know what you're getting into, so work gloves and old clothes are a good idea.
Amongst any treasures may also be trash. Large, strong trash bags are essential to have on hand. No trash may be thrown in Storage Express dumpsters. It's your responsibility to remove all trash from the property.
Helpful Miscellaneous Supplies
Who knows what condition the items will be in or how well everything has been packed. The mystery is part of the fun, right? Extra boxes, packaging tape, moving blankets, and small tools (hammer, screwdriver, jewelers loupe, etc.) will come in handy immediately after the sale. A hand towel, sunscreen, and a small first aid kit are smart to have on hand, too.